So the final Bush press conference took place this week. How many Palestinian's didn't survive to see the event on Al-Jazeera TV? How many Iraqi's didn't get the chance to witness GW say that not finding weapons of mass destruction was "a disappointment."
Is that what is was, a disappointment?
Which bit, exactly?
Motherfuckin' dumb-smart-ass-war criminal-Guantanamo/Abu Ghraib/Afghanistan torturing son of a bitch called Betty-Kanye called ya-Cowboy Hero my ass, Crude Oil Texas Dude-Frat Boy-Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L.) rat bastard!
And then the "history will judge me correctly" bit. When will that be exactly? Will there be one solid point in the future that all historians will agree in the analysis of your presiduncy?
And the people that you made history? The innocents that were guilty of going to school, shopping or going to work, yet ended up shot, bombed, massacred, torn apart, abused and raped.
Oh and to top it off, Tony Blair receives the Medal of Freedom from frat-boy this week. What a club....you just can't make this stuff up. Tony Bliar, Middle East envoy....ha, what a joke. There are no jokes for those in Gaza.
See Media Lens for an insightful gander at the appeals for international action to halt further bloodshed....
As for sports....the following program may contain scenes you may find distressing: On the uplifting side we got Willanette Gospel Singers, from a choice album Life is a Problem, on Mississippi Records...(outta London!) Top quality gospel business, old raw style.
Mojo Nixon, ya gotta know about Mojo and Skid Roper...country licked humour tumor infected shenanigans. The singes and players behind 'She's Vibrator Dependent' and 'Debbie Gibson is Pregnant'. You ain't heard that shit, you ain't lived son!
What da hell ever happened to All Seeing I? A couple off-beat 60's soul-lounge dub heavy things for Earth Records, the later getting picked up by a major label...then what?
Man dear, Hyperdub. They got great big ears and a big love over there. Hyperdub = qualitee.
Samiyam, Zomby, the latest Kode9 wax, a collaboration with LD, called Bad....glorious Detroitechno spacial thing. Also courtesy of Hyperdub, King Midas Sound. Had to have some more of this. The KMart dropped of some b-sides, special mixes that didn't make it onto the official release. Dabrye's mix...oh lord!
I've always loved that Detroit sound, I was hanging around Virgin Records back in '87-88, when the guys running a subsidary label, 10 Records, picked up on MayDay, Kevin Saunderson,
Juan Atkins and fellow heads from Detroit. That shit was different, fresh....still is. Anyway, good to hear it's influence. It seeps out of Martyn's productions. Thanks again to the KMart who built on the one 3024 wax that is 'Vancouver'. His remix of Flyng Lotus is still got me propped up at night, luscious goods.
It's been swell....
Ear Conditioning 13.01.09
Radio Norte, Tenerife.
- Lauryn Hill / Lost Ones - Instrumental (Ruffhouse)
- Kenny Dope featuring Screechy Dan / Boomin' in ya Jeep - accap' (Freeze)
- General Levy / True yer Body Good (Fashion)
- DJ Food / Scratch yer Head (Ninja Tune)
- All Seeing I / I Walk (Earth)
- Willanette Gospel Singers / Pray On (Mississippi)
- Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper / Legalize It (Enigma)
- Parliament / Moonshine Heather (Invictus)
- Mulatu Astatke / Ebo Lala (Soundway)
- Asmaham / Aleik Sulat Allah (Club du disque Arabe)
- Kuanga Nti Matu Kawa / Musique de Traqvail
- King Midas Sound / One Ting - Dabrye Remix (Hyperdub)
- SUAD / Epileptic - Martyn Remix
- Kode 9 vs. LD / Bad (Hyperdub)
- Gaza report
- SystemWide meets Muslimguaze (BSI)
- Augusto Martelli / Drums and drums from the Il dio Serpente soundtrack (Cinevox)
- De la Soul / Stakes is High (Tommy Boy)
- Bushims / Eight years of quality gaffs although many people lost their lives because of him
- Dr. Phibes and the House of Wax Equations / Marshmellow Madness (50 Seel St.)
Ear Conditioning is broadcast every Tuesday / todos martes 20h30 - 21h30
Radio Norte 89.4FM