I was over at the Field yesterday or this morning and he's got a post on racism. He writes how some call him a " 'racialist' 'cos he always on about racism". Then a little while ago, I found this. A story about a Navy Officer who went to work to find a 'Vote Mugabe' poster on the wall behind his desk. We really hate having to go down this road, we really do.
Some think we get up in the morning, have Coon Flakes (yes, that's what one of the guys in our group at school used to say for awhile) and look forward to another day of racist tirades with a watermelon grin on our faces. Whitey please!Carnaval nah done!
Never in my wildest dreams would I think Groove Armada would do anything that would pleasently stroke my ear lobes. The folks at Mad Decent made it possible with a right calypsoul breakout remix. GA have linked up with a rum producer that ain't Havana Club, to harvest the power of the internet.
S'pose it worked since the promo company working this project sent me the audio file via the 'nets.
Back to the carnaval theme, Ghislain Poirier has been busy busy and the result is Soca Sound System. Did ya eyeball the video in previous post?
Earlier today Zomby dropped a response to Simon Reynolds' article in The Guardian (UK Press) about the relationship between his music and Ketamine. That's him told good an' proper. Got Zomby's ten-minute mix for Radio 1, in the program again. Arpeggiated synthax and cold beats holding court.
Also a return visit to the works of Dub1 out of Virginia, USA
The legendary Lee 'Scratch' Perry gets a reworking by The Moody Boy with Rootical Mr. Manuva along on the mic.
For Spanish speakers and loudspeakers, here is an interview with Filastine that was on RNE last week.
Also a couple slices from the Ghana Soundz Vol.1 album from the tasty Soundways label. That would be a great place to work.
Ear Conditioning - For Use in Subhuman Primates and Cats only
- Filastine / Singularities (Soot/Jarring Effects)
- Ghislain Poirier / Immigrant Visa (NinjaTune)
- Groove Armada/ Crank it Up Mad Decent Remix
- Ashmahan / Naoueit (Club Arabe)
- Zeza Barkak Melbeka / Fatma Ben Meddah from Sprigs of Time (Honest Jons)
- Dub1 / No Weapons (DreadTek)
- Zomby / Mix Session (Hyperdub)
- Pest / Heard ya bird moved in (NinjaTune)
- Lee 'Scratch' Perry / Give Me a Call Mate -Moody Boyz Remix feat. Roots Manuva (On-U Sound)
- 3rd Generation Band /Because of Money - Ghana Soundz Vol.1 (Soundway)
- Oscar Sully & The Uhuru Dance Band /Bukom Mashie - Ghana Soundz Vol. 1 (Soundway)
- Welcome to Jamrock Daddy G Mix
- J-Star meets Ms. Dynamite / Never Fall in Love (J-Star)
- Alan Freed Outro Goodnight and thanks for the use of your speakers.